It is very exciting to see the event and wedding industry coming back in full force after 2020 gave everyone a break that no one asked for. Because of all the rescheduling and “re-I-doing”, some clients had to settle for less than they deserve. To accommodate stretched financials, and uncertainty, couples may have been left without a wedding album. But…you know that every couple needs a professional wedding album! Marketing for new album sales, from past clients, is an excellent opportunity to reconnect with customers, add to your monthly sales and get referrals.
Try Something Different!
Typically when marketing, the focus is getting new clients. But what about all those perfectly good past customers who already know, like, and trust you? What if you put together a campaign to focus on these clients for additional income?
At Imaging USA 2022, Mike Michalowicz was the first keynote speaker. He kicked off the conference with his energy, humor, and entrepreneurial insight. Michalowicz, the author of several books including, The Pumpkin Patch Plan, Surge, The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur, and Profit First, has a new book called Get Different. In it, he emphasizes that being different in your marketing plans helps to attract clients who want to work with you. You just have to get their attention.
To paraphrase one of Michalowicz’s bullet points, “If you are really good at what you do, then you owe it to potential customers to let them know what you can do for them.” Read that again…It’s literally your obligation, as an artist and business owner, to share what you have to offer.
Do you offer professional wedding albums? Do all your clients have one? Do they know they can STILL ORDER ONE? If not, you are not doing YOUR job.
All tough love aside, the team at Zookbinders knows that a little sales support is nice to have. Our Sales and Marketing Album Resource Toolkit, (also known as S.M.A.R.T), has everything you need to start marketing for new wedding album sales in three easy steps!
- Step One: Create or use one of our email templates.
- PRO TIP: Best practice would be to have at least three emails in this campaign. Also, create deadlines and a call for action.
- Step Two: Modify the editable brochure with your branding and pricing.
- PRO TIP: Include any of your own imagery, especially pictures of actual finished client albums or studio samples.
- Step Three: Send the email and brochure to all past wedding and event clients that did not order an album.
- PRO TIP: Reach out to the parents as well as the wedding couple.
But That’s Not All
When reaching back out to clients to offer the purchase of a custom-designed wedding album, you are building your relationship with them. They WILL appreciate or at least take a positive note on, the reconnection. Offering to help with something after the last deposit is made and images are delivered, IS DIFFERENT!
Here are a few scenarios:
- You may “wow” the client who perhaps found DYI-ing their own album design and book too much work.WIN: Yay you’re a hero!
- One spouse realizes that a professional wedding album is a terrific gift idea for an anniversary. WIN: You’ve got excellent romantic intuition!
- A parent may want an album for their keepsake and decide, “We’ll get one for the kids too. They’ll appreciate it in the years to come.” WIN: You’re creating the family’s first real heirloom.
Even if they say – no thanks, you’re still back on their radar. Chances are they may have other photographic needs or know someone who does and now you are top of mind.
OTHER Ways to Use S.M.A.R.T
- You are new to selling albums and your 2022 resolution is to get started! Great! You can market new wedding album sales to all the clients from the past who didn’t get a wedding album.
- You do other events and session types that would be perfect for the Lustre Book. Market the “new” product to those clients present and past.
- You’ve recently added Zookbinders albums to your collections. Feature this new offer to past event clients as a special promotion.
Marketing for new wedding albums sales is tapping into an opportunity that takes very little work. Once a customer wants to move forward it’s very easy to start a Selection Design Print and Bind order with Zookbinders. Going beyond albums we have the tools to make the wedding album workflow easy and profitable.