If you’re strolling around a park or forest preserve on any given Saturday afternoon you are bound to run into a pack of photographers. Roaming the open spaces, with their subjects in tow, they search of the perfect setting. Whether photographing a wedding party, family portraits, engagement sessions, or herd of rambunctious children, you can count on any landscape, urban or suburban, to be swarming with professional lens artists, trying to harness the light, compose a scene to satisfy a client and get paid.
If you identify with this from the perspective that you are one of those working professional photographers, you may find it slightly daunting that there are so many individuals out there. So, what makes you different? How do you set yourself apart from the pack?
Getting connected with potential client means standing out and getting referrals. Using professional albums in a variety of ways can help you stand out and it’s a WAY better option than standing on the corner in a sandwich board saying that says, “Will photograph for food.”
If you are including professional wedding albums in your collections already you are ahead of the curve. For starters, the way your clients’ friends and family will see your work, is a more pleasurable experience than swiping through a sea of images. Opening a leather album with thick pages and photographic prints is a sensory experience. The couple who went with another photogs digital only package will have a punishing 3,000 images to show their loved ones. Who’s created the memorable impression?
So how else can professional albums work for you?
- Carry a wedding album at all times. Taking the time to grab and album to show it to a potential client is a wow factor. An impression that’s a gazillion times better than, “Here’s my card.”
- Present your albums to you clients in person whenever possible and shoot a video. The couples authentic reaction will create a great marketing piece.
- Offer parent albums in several collections – not just the the top one. EZ Books can be affordably added to a mid-range package. With your albums the hands of potentially six people rather that just two, you’re bound to make more of an impression and get referrals.
- Double up on your samples and share with vendors. Ask for a small area for a display and create a special offer for all couples booking at that venue. Thank your vendor by making them a gift album featuring their space or products.
- Make more of an impression at bridal shows creating sample albums that show an entire wedding rather than a mix of events. Using an album to tell the story of a wedding day, rather than as a portfolio, you’ll help your potential client see what’s in it for them. Plus paging through an album takes longer than walking by and pointing at a 20×30 display print. This keeps the customer at your booth for a more engaging interaction.
With professional albums, your reach will go beyond the bride and groom. The experience of full service wedding photography from shoot to album is your differentiator!