How many times have you been asked, “Do you want fries with that?” Consumers are bombarded with suggestions to add more to their shopping cart. By offering upgrades and additional options to the professional wedding albums that you offer, you can increase your revenue. In this blog, we are going to look at professional wedding albums & mastering the art of upselling. Don’t leave the opportunity to upgrade out of your business model!
If your collections include a basic album, give your clients the opportunity to do something a little more upscale. People see the value in creating something more customized and are willing to pay a little more, especially if they are emotionally connected.
When to upsell?
Having a payment plan and accepting credit cards allows customers to add to their invoice and pay later.
Upselling before the event.
- As clients finalize the details of their wedding photography package it’s easy to offer add-on items without sounding too “salesy”. You’re simply helping your clients get exactly what they want in their professional wedding albums.
- The price of a unique wedding album upgrade may not be a deterrent at this point in the planning. Wedding photography collections are a big-ticket item. An extra $100 or $200 or so doesn’t seem like much in comparison to the collection price.
- If you offer a payment plan, or take credit cards, adding special details like an acrylic wedding album cover isn’t that painful. Most couples are using credit cards, so why not let them get the extra points for their honeymoon?
- You may want to give an incentive, like a small discount, for prepaying for upgrades.
“Your wedding album includes 50 images. Additional images are $X each. If you’re interested you can prepay for an additional 10 images for $XX or an additional 20 images for $XXX. You’ll be saving over 20%!”
“Your handcrafted wedding album includes a full leather cover with name and date. If you’d like to add a cameo, it’s only $XX.”
“The album included in your package is a 10 x 10, but you can upgrade now to a 12 x 12 for only $XXX.”
Upselling after the event.
- When a couple is finalizing their wedding album design, it’s easy to make suggestions for upgrades. It’s the perfect time to share all the lovely details they can add to create something really special.
- If clients are on a payment plan or are paid in full, that’s great! Money spent is money forgotten. It’s easy to suggest upgrades like a cameo, glove leather, or thick pages to create a more customized wedding album.
- Pre-wedding, a couple might look at a professional wedding album with an acrylic cover and think, that’s gorgeous but not in the budget. After their wedding, they may be willing to circle back to that upgrade after they see their beautiful album design.
- After the wedding is a great time to add on parent albums. They make wonderful gifts and are a beautiful way to thank moms, dads, or special relatives for all their love and support.
“Not sure if I showed you the acrylic cover option. It’s one of my more popular upgrades. It’s only $XXX. It really makes a statement! ”
“You really have such beautiful detail shots in your album. If you’re interested we could choose a glove leather color that complements your color palette.”
“I wanted you to know that for the month of ____ I am offering a buy- one- get- one at 50% off special on parent albums. They are great gifts!”
Master the art of upselling upgrades for your professional wedding albums and offer pre and post-event sales opportunities. This will guarantee more sales so go for it!
Priced to Sell
Keep things simple. A Good, Better, Best method is one way to organize your upgrades. Having several options at the same price helps with decision making. Couples can make choices based on emotion rather than price. Here are some examples. Of course, dollar amounts are just examples. Research your COG to set pricing and make sure you are making the profit you need.
Let’s say your client’s album is a 10×10 Lustre Book with 50 images and a full leather cover.
- Glove Leather $80
- Thick Pages $80
- Metallic Paper $80
- Cameo $100
- Canvas $100
- Upgrade to 12×12 $100 (based on 50 image album)
- Acrylic $200
- Splash Cameo $200
- Splash Dual Cameo $200
- 2 – 6×6 replica Parent Albums $300 (based on 50 image album)
- 2 – 8×8 replica Parent Albums $400 (based on 50 image album)
Pricing should reflect the margin you want to make on the highest-priced item in the group.
Upselling can be a great trackable revenue stream. If you set up your collections and sales presentation right, you can consistently add to your bottom line. Professional wedding albums make beautiful keepsakes and mastering the art of upselling allows you to create something unique for each couple. You’ll have the opportunity to increase your sales, and clients will be thrilled with a wedding album created just for them.