Photographers all know the importance of a great portfolio. However, sometimes we forget that we have more to offer than just the photography service itself. While taking great images is a critical part of the job, the other part is making sure your clients have something tangible to remember their special event with, Professional photo albums and photo books
To help sell your clients on an album, add an “Album Portfolio” to your website. This will give the clients some place to view samples of your album designs, cover options, parent albums and any other options you offer.
This does two things for your business:
1.Potential clients will see your professional photo albums and already have an idea of what you sell before they hire you. Making your future clients fall in love with a photo album before they have signed the contract is a sure fire way to get an album sale.
2. It is a great marketing tool for clients who didn’t buy a package that included a photo album. When you let your clients know that their photos are ready to view, send them a link to your album page with some friendly marketing language about your professional photo albums. This will make it easy for them to see what you offer and might entice them to buy.
Information you might want to include on the page:
- Large photos of your sample albums – Do a quality photo shoot with your sample albums. Show the entire album plus close up shots that show the quality of the product.
- Cover options – Specify what cover options you offer and, if possible, include images of what they could get. Show imprinting, leather colors etc.
- Pricing – If you publish your prices online, include the price of your professional photo albums on the Album Portfolio page. If you include them in a package, state that as well.
- Included options – Don’t forget to put what is included with the album purchase. Let your clients know how many images or pages they would get, the included cover, design style, free revisions, etc.
- Sample album designs – Make sure you add some examples of your designs on your page. This will give the clients a great idea of what you could do with their images, and what a full event can look like from start to finish, rather than just some images in a portfolio.
You can check out some of our photographers great Album Portfolios below and create one for yourself.
Special Moments (Michigan):
Portraits Couture (Illinois): http://www.portraitscouture.com/albumpricing