Ask 10 Wedding Photographers about their pricing and album choices, and you’re guaranteed to get 10 different answers! Some photographers offer variety and can carry albums from 5 different vendors. While others keep it real simple and offer just 1 professional wedding album style. Why Packages Make Sense
We support the concept of offering packages, as they are easy for clients to understand, and include well defined deliverables. Years ago, the trend was to offer bigger albums in the packages (usually starting at 30 pages), but due the increased competition, many photographers are offering wedding album packages starting with just 20 pages and 45-50 photos. If you typically sell wedding albums to the majority of your clients, we recommend a “Good, Better, Best” menu that might look this:
|Package:||Premium 75||Premium 100||Premium 125|
+ Thick Pages
+ Thick Pages
|# of Images||75||100||125|
|Album Cover||Choice of Leather
with or without photo
|Leather Spine +
|Two Tone Leather,
Acrylic or any other
|Album Design Style||Simple||Contemporary||Contemporary|
(more than Premium 75)
(more than Premium 100)
Here’s the skinny:
● The packages were intentionally named to include the number of photos. This is much more meaningful than constantly reminding them how many pages are included, or what the difference is between Silver, Gold & Platinum.
● As you compare packages, each step up has significantly more value. Your client gets 25 more photos, a more stylized wedding album, an enhanced cover etc..
● The Wedding Album Design Style is upgraded in the 100 and 125 package.
● The 125 includes a 12×12 album.
● For every price increase of $400 more, your profit is significantly greater. Above profits shown are based on Zookbinders 2018 album pricing, and include the cost of Zook creating the wedding album design. Additional Items for Upsell
Have pricing available for the following items – note: we included suggestions:
● 8×8 Replica Wedding Parent Albums – $350 for 1, and $600 for 2. Always try to sell the same album to the parents – if they want a wedding parent album with unique photos, charge $250 more to discourage this (since you have to start the process over, AND design another album). On second thought, charge $400 more!
● Package of (2) 6×6 Replica Wedding Parent Albums $550 (or $50 less than the cost of (2) 8×8, so that they’ll always buy the 8×8).
● Size Upgrades – $200 (e.g. to upgrade from 10×10 to 12×12)
● Premium Album Upgrades ($200 for Bon a Vie, $400 for Zook Book)
● Wall Decor: Canvas, Metal, Wood, Acrylic and plain old Silver Halide 🙂 Zookbinders has album coaches available to review your current packages and offer suggestions. If you’d like to schedule a one-on-one (free of charge), click here and enter: “Established Photographer Seeking Album Consult” in the subject line.