Including engagement sessions in your wedding collections can add value to your packages. Many couples want to use engagement images for save-the-dates, and social media announcements. Sign-in books, or guest books are also the perfect way for couples to show off their favorite images from that session at the reception. Every couple needs an engagement session & sign-in book. Just like professional wedding albums, Sign-in Books are special because they are a permanent collection of images and a MUST have keepsake.
What is a Sign-in Book?
Some clients might not be familiar with what a Sign-in Book is. Therefore, including one with each engagement session and explaining the benefits is extremely helpful. Clients won’t ask for something they aren’t aware of. You know that every couple needs a Sign-in Book – even if they don’t know it yet.
Sign-in Books usually include about 15-20 images from the session. The album design allows for additional blank space around the images for signatures. At the wedding reception, guests can write in their congratulations and well wishes to the happy couple. It’s a much more personalized version of a traditional wedding guest book.
How clients benefit from engagement sessions and Sign-in Books.
- Couples like planning an engagement session because it’s a more intimate and casual experience. Engagement sessions are a nice way to get more comfortable in front of the camera and get to know their photographer.
- When selecting images from the engagement session for the Sign-in Book, couples can familiarize themselves with the process of choosing photos. This will help them when selecting images for their wedding album design.
- It’s fun for couples to have images of themselves displayed at the wedding. Engagement photos show the “everyday” version of them. A look at their lives away from the pomp and circumstance of a wedding celebration.
- Having a collection of special messages from family and friends is truly a gift. The wedding day goes by so fast it can be hard to recall all the conversations and details. A Sign-In Book preserves some of the special memories.
How photographers benefit from engagement sessions and Sign-in Books
- Engagement sessions are a great low-key way to get to know your clients a little better. It’s a nice trial run of things. You may learn more about their tastes and style, which gives you an advantage when shooting the actual wedding.
- Clients who have a great experience selecting photos and approving their album design for their Sign-in Book, will look forward to doing the same for their custom wedding album.
- Having your images displayed at the wedding is a great marketing tool. There’s bound to be guests and friends who are soon to be engaged and will be shopping for a wedding photographer.
- When finalizing the Sign-in Book there is always an opportunity for upgrade and that means additional income for you. Below are some suggestions.
Let’s say all engagement sessions come with an 8×8 EZ Book with 15 images. You have built the cost of the EZ Book with 10 Spreads and the mark up into your collection. The couple has paid the deposit and doesn’t owe you anything right now. Money spent or on credit is money forgotten, so they are free to spend a little.
- Add 1 Image $12
- Add 5 images $50
- And 10 images $100
- Upgrade to a 10×10 EZ Book* $100
- Upgrade to 12 x 12 EZ Book* $100
- Elevate to a 10×10 Luster Book with Photo Wrap Cover* $200
- Elevate to a 10×10 Luster Book with Canvas Wrap Cover* $250
*Based on a 10 spread album
The romantic imagery from an engagement session deserves to be shown off and a Sign-in Book is the perfect portfolio for those photos. Not all couples are familiar with guest books that are also photo albums, so be sure your clients know about all the professional albums options! As a photographer you know every couple needs an engagement session and Sign-in Book. You can guarantee every wedding client these essential albums by including them both in all your collections!